Dr Rahul Khanna is an experienced psychiatrist, leader, researcher, and innovator based in Melbourne, Australia. His experience spans public and private sector clinical work with a focus on psychological trauma; academic research centred on emerging technologies and medical education; and leadership in the clinical, start-up & non-profit sectors. In addition to several clinical qualifications, Dr Khanna has formal training in machine learning, leadership, philosophy, and entrepreneurship.
Relentless learning is a central tenant to his life and he is always looking to connect with other thinkers and do-ers.
Qualifications and Certificates
Organisation Course/Certificate Title
- Doctor of Philosophy (Psychiatry)
- Open Talent Pathway
- TRAM Track pre-accelerator
- Machine Learning
- Learn to Program: The Fundamentals
- Specialist Certificate in Clinical Leadership
- Design and Interpretation of Clinical Trials
- Qualitative Research Methods
- Master of Psychiatry
- Statistics in Medicine
- Bachelor of Medicine, Surgery & Arts
Grants, Awards & Scholarships
Granting Body Description
- Treating Obstructive Sleep Apnoea in PTSD
- Jackson, M., Barnes, M., Kanaan., R., Khanna, R., Berlowitz, D.
- Granted in 2021
- Transcranial direct current stimulation for PTSD
- Rolfe, T., Kanaan, R., Redston, S., Khanna, R.
- Granted in 2020
- Commonwealth Government & University of Melbourne
- Australian Government Research Training Program Scholarship
- For PhD candidates of high academic merit
- Granted in 2019
- The Australian United Ex-Service Association
- The Australian United Ex-Service Association Scholarship
- Awarded to clinicians to upskill in psychotherapeutic skills relevant to Veterans' mental health
- Granted in 2016
- The University of Melbourne
- Bruce Singh Prize
- Awarded to the student with the highest grade point average in the cohort
- Awarded in 2014
Organisation Involvement and Description
- Strategic & Clinical Advisor
- More good days provides digital mind-body pain management for Fibromyalgia
- Strategic Advisor and Mentor
- Life 101 for high school students - empowering the next generation to maximise their potential
- Advisory Board Member
- Backed by Antler VC, Flintworks' mission is to deliver the future of mental health care through innovative clinical tools, starting with an immersive exposure therapy solution for PTSD.
- Committee Member, Victorian Branch
- Highlights include involvement in the college's contributions to the Royal Commission into Mental Health Services; the Australian National Standards in Digital Mental Health and the National Framework for Digital Mental Health
- Served 2019-2020
- Served in a range of roles including president (2014)
- Medical Student Council of Victoria
- Cofounded the peak advocating body for all medical students in Victoria (2008)
- Served in a range of roles including president (2007)
- AMA Victoria
- Volunteer and councillor
- Volunteer supporting refugee doctors in 2019.
- Served as a co-opted councillor in 2007 and 2009.